Hello BBB Friends and Fans!
The big 2010 event is swiftly approaching and the din of sewing machines and potters’ wheels and wire snips and felting needles is nearly deafening.
We all know that from noon to seven, the Cyclorama is PACKED and shopping your favorites (or NEW favorites) can be rushed since everyone wants to see the beautiful wares.
Here are some fun tips and suggestions for you SHOPPERS!
1) BRING CASH! More and more vendors are accepting credit cards these days but cash money is the easiest and fastest way to pay your artists. (Oh and don’t for get your shiny $1 bill for the folks at the door.) Smaller bills (not ALL twenties and hundreds) are appreciated by vendors too!
There are a few ATMs located near the Cyclo. Here are the three closest!
Hingham Savings 540 Tremont Street, Boston, MA
Sovereign Bank 521 Tremont Street, Boston, MA
Bank of America 557 Tremont St # 2, Boston, MA
2) If you’re running short on the paper stuff – ASK IF THEY TAKE CREDIT CARDS! Like I mentioned above, lots of vendors take credit cards and will happily take your info so you can carry away an armful of goodies.
3) TRY SENDING INVISIBLE MONEY! Maybe paper money and plastic money are too old fashioned for you? There are apps for iPhones, Blackberrys and Android phones that allow you to transfer funds wirelessly and instantly. If the vendor also has a fancy phone with a PayPal application they can receive your payment right then and there! More information on PayPal’s website HERE. (Be sure you read all about it, there may be fees depending on your PayPal account.)
4) Consider bringing your own SHOPPING BAG. Everyone has plastic and paper options but having a sturdy reusable bag is super handy.
5) PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION! Maybe you can take it!
Nearby Bus routes: #9 and #43
Closest MBTA T stop: Copley Square/Back Bay Station (after you get off the train, head down Dartmouth for a few blocks and take a left on Tremont)
More information on directions and parking HERE.
6) MAKE A LIST! Click above to check out our amazing vendors ahead of time to find out where your old favorites will be and to discover some new folks! And our main site is featuring new vendor interviews everyday up until the event!
7) And perhaps most importantly… BATHROOMS! They’re in the back of the building! (With your back to the front doors you came in… guys on the right, gals on the left.)
We really can’t wait to see you!
xo, The BBB Staff